Thursday, October 05, 2006

Vacation

So, we just got back from New York. We went up there to surprise Kev's mom for her birthday. It is probably a good thing for readers of this blog that this trip was a surprise, or beforehand you'd have had to read all about the fretting I did about travelling with the Peanut on the airplane and having to adjust her segments and so forth. But after all that fretting, she did pretty well. She was mostly good on the plane, and only slightly less good in the car. She had some trouble with napping, but not too much. We had a lot of fun with Kev's family, and I got to meet our new neice and play with our nephew and all the good dogs. We saw deer and a heron and a woodchuck and a hawk. Alas, no owls, except one in captivity at a bird show during Farm Day at the Roosevelt estate. I got not one but TWO barbecue chicken wraps from Coco's not to mention several pieces of homemade apple pie and a fabulous meal on Sunday prepared by Kev's sisters including, among other things, delicious pumpkin bisque and, get this, chocolate gazpacho! The weather was rainy at times, but mostly nice and cool. I wore my orange shoes every day...they are perfect for fall. Anyway, I now have confidence that travelling with a baby is not that hard, and I won't fret about it so much when we go back at Christmas. At least I'll try not to. Below are some photos from the fun.

1 comment:

Gye Greene said...

Ah, yes: flying with the baby -- another first. Glad it went well for you. :)

(Yeah, I'm Mr. Oh-So-Experienced Parent...) ;)


--GG