Tuesday, July 03, 2007

The Continuing Story of Charlie and Harriet...


So, after I finished embroidering Charlie and Harriet, I needed to decide what to do with them, and it was my big idea to frame them for the Peanut's room. She likes birds.

First, I scorched the fabric when I was pressing it (bottom left, under Charlie). Then, I messed up sewing on the pink background fabric, hence the lumpy bits. Then, I couldn't get it centered in the frame. Then I cut the (bad word) out of my finger when I was cleaning the glass with goo-gone, trying to get off the goo from the dumb Target sticker. There was blood everywhere, and I probably need a stitch, but I'm not getting one. So, it is far from perfect, but a lot of blood, sweat, and tears went into this simple little project. I sure hope Daphne doesn't put this in a garage sale or something when I'm dead.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Well the final product looks good- :)

Gye Greene said...

Looks good: pleasantly rustic (Pioneer Woman...). ;)

re: sticker residue. WD-40 works well for me. But then you need to use dishwashing detergent to get rid of the WD-40 residue.


--GG