Sunday, July 08, 2007

All the Young Dudes


Yesterday, we took a road trip to East Texas to visit some friends. First stop was Whitney and Bob's new house, which is very cute and has a screened porch and some bluebird houses. This was the first time all of our kids (mine, Whitney's, Shannon's and Julie's) have been together, and it was really fun to see. Of course, just as we got the kids situated for a picture, my camera batteries died, and by the time I changed them, the kids were no longer sitting nicely. I am hoping one of my other friends got a good shot.


Shannon's daughter was kind enough to let the Peanut try out her wings.



From Whitney's, we headed to our friend Cheryl's house for a big BBQ. Cheryl lives on a ranch. She has cows. Below, you can see Kev looking at them. Kev would make a good cowboy. But I would not last very long on a ranch. There is a lot of dirt and mud and stuff out there.

It was fun, but not very relaxing, as we had to chase Daphne around the whole time. She had a blast with all the people and babies and dogs and cows.

There was a lot of good food. Cheryl smoked a brisket, which I heard was excellent. I couldn't bring myself to eat any, what with all the cows staring at me from just over the fence. I had some sausages. I didn't see any pigs around.







Would you eat brisket if this was staring right at you? She looks like she knows exactly what was going on.
It was a good day out, but very exhausting. Today we're taking it easy.




1 comment:

Julie said...

Love the pics!! It was very fun- but you are right- not very relaxing- :) just too hot!!! and G was just not up to par with that teething pain. :_(