Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Road to Recovery (or...Happy Feet)


So, I got my new Target shirts, a pedicure, and (finally!) a haircut, and I'm feeling a little better. But all that doesn't change the fact that I am turning 39 in less than a month, and I'm not handling it very well. I don't want to be 39. I want to be 37. Forever. It's a great age. Anyway, that, plus the heat, plus the fact that a lot of people I like are stressed or sad or having a general malaise, and I can't seem to quite get my groove.

One thing that is good is that the day after my dreaded birthday, we are heading to the mountains for a much needed vacation. There will be clean air and trees and wildlife and delightfully cool temperatures, so it should be good. Perhaps I will forget all about being 39. Maybe, just maybe, I will even see an owl. That would probably catapult me right back into hypergroove.

3 comments:

Julie said...

39 isn't so bad- it it next year I worry about- :)

Gye Greene said...

For some reason, I had a flash of you skipping along the Yellow Brick Road with Dorothy and the rest of her posse. Your quest: "I'd like to see and owl."


--GG

fooiemcgoo said...

you should focus less on your groove and more on your mojo.

try that.

daphne as a simpsons character is cute.