Tuesday, July 24, 2007

School Supply Envy and So Forth

Yesterday I went to Target. They have just set up their seasonal display of school supplies. Oh, how I wish they had such cool school supplies when I was in school. I might've liked going to school if I'd had stuff like that. I must be kept out of Target until at least mid-September when the last remains of school supplies are on super-clearance.

I am concerned because it is unseasonably hot in Wyoming/Idaho, which is where we are going in three short weeks, presumably to escape the Texas heat. I believe it was just as hot in Jackson Hole yesterday as it was here. This will not do.

The new Harry Potter is pretty good so far. My plan was to make it last, but that's not gonna happen. I'll probably finish it by the end of the week.

I need to know the secret to scallops. I have made them a couple times, but they were only just OK. And last time I made them, the house smelled fishy for a whole week. The fishmongers at Central Market were giving out samples of bacon-wrapped scallops on Sunday, and they were DE-licious. Mine never taste like that. If you have any tips, please let me know.

1 comment:

Gye Greene said...

School supplies: Well, at least you have a kid. Just give it a few years. :)


--GG