Monday, July 30, 2007

Ooh Wee!



In order to force myself to have something to blog about, I have decided to start a series of regularly scheduled topics. I got the idea from some other bloggers out there who have started a thing called "Flashback Fridays," in which they post old photos of themselves from childhood or whatever. I may do that too, but I'm not sure how to hook up our scanner, so I thought instead I'd start with Happy Mondays*. On Happy Mondays, I will post a picture of one of my happy places, and maybe that will help me get my week off to a good start. Pictured above is delicious food from VoodooBarbeque on St. Charles in New Orleans. We went there on our honeymoon in April 2003. This picture is Kev's plate. You can tell because it has two pickles on it. I hate everything to do with pickles, so I always make Kev take mine right away before it contaminates the food on my plate. Next to the pickles is a pile of the best corn pudding on the planet. I wish I had some now. New Orleans gets my vote for best food in the country.

*Happy Mondays is a cool band from the 90's but I lost all my Happy Mondays cassette tapes.

Tune in tomorrow for Top 5 Tuesday!

3 comments:

john clarke said...

Good idea and an even better band.

New Orleans is the only city I know of where it's impossible to buy a bad meal.

Karen and I celebrated our fourth wedding anniversary there. We ate at Brennan's Steakhouse --- the original one in a basement --- and I took her to the antique store on Royal Street where I bought our wedding bands.

I forgot all about that nice memory until you mentioned your wedding connection to New Orleans. Up with The Lazy Russian Horses Show.

Tara said...

Yay! John's comment makes me happy!

Gye Greene said...

It's good to have a partner with symbiotic food preferences.

The Lady has a few genres of food she won't eat (hot mushy things [e.g. mashed potatoes or things containing them, such as shepherd's pie, split pea soup]; raw onion; anything spicy), so I end up getting those. (Plus, apparently pregnant ladies aren't supposed to have ham or cured meats or such, like pepperoni.)

Meanwhile, she gets my merangue (sp?), plus anything that's too too sweet.

re: honeymoon in 2003 -- does that mean y'all are still practically newlyweds? Or was this just the anniversary of your honeymoon?


--GG