Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Another Action-Packed Weekend


Friday the 13th, Valentine's Day, President's Day, and houseguests, all in the span of four days. Phew! Here is a recap of the fun:

On Thursday, Kev's parents arrived, bringing with them two good puppy dogs. Daphne was excited to see them all. We had no food in the house, so we went to Fireworks (a local pizza place which has been highly recommended by the neighbors) and it was GREAT.
On Friday, I got the chance to check out Wegmans and I was not disappointed. In fact, I was so happy that I almost cried, right there by the fishmonger. This place is almost as good as Central Market. It has everything I have been missing in a grocery store, plus it has a day-care area where you can leave your kids (once they are potty-trained) while you shop. It was a happy happy day.
That evening, Kev's parents babysat so we could go out. We walked down to the neighborhood pub and had the best fish and chips I've ever had, and then went to see Slumdog Millionaire at the local Tally Ho theater. A good night out.
Saturday we went to the farmer's market, which is always fun. I went shopping with Kev's mom, and he played guitars with his dad.
Sunday we had a good breakfast, and after our visitors said goodbye, I read a book. It's been a LONG time since I've done that.
Yesterday, Kev was off work for President's day, so we got a couple house projects done.

That's just a few highlights. The weekend was mostly about family, good food, shopping, napping, and music. It was all good. And we'll do it all again this weekend and the one after that, as we have two more sets of guests coming. The perfect way to get through these last few weeks of winter. Spring will be here before I know it.

1 comment:

Gye Greene said...

How does Daphne react to the dogs -- given that y'all don't have any dogs at home?


--GG