Monday, February 23, 2009

Monday Catch Up

Here is Daphne with her newest cousin, Jackson. Jackson came to visit us over the weekend with his mom and dad and his good boxer dog, Roscoe. We had a big time doing not much of anything. It was more about the fellowship than the action, and that is fine with me. It was a good visit.

After everyone left on Saturday, we decided to go on a field trip to Chrysalis Vinyards, which is a winery about 20 minutes away. It was a little chilly, but not too bad, and Daphne got to run around outside and see cows and geese, and we got to have a nice picnic lunch and a small glass of local wine. I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to spring. It is really going to be pretty here when things start to bloom. It snowed again yesterday, but only for an hour or so. Winter is fighting hard to stay, but its time is nearly up.

Today the sun is shining, but it is really cold and very windy. Tomorrow should be better. I saw a big giant hawk in one of our trees this morning, and had a great cup of coffee. I think I am finally figuring out my new french press. It came with NO instructions.

There goes my trash can, threatening to blow down the street...be right back...

OK. Rescue complete. Anyway, hawk, good coffee...this day is starting off pretty good. Gonna go hang out with Daphne now, if I can tear her away from Clifford. But first, maybe one more cup of coffee...

No comments: