Wednesday, September 09, 2009

More Stuff

I love Pyrex...especially this "Friendship" pattern. If anyone ever wants to get me a present, you can get me a piece of friendship pyrex. There is a ton on Ebay and Etsy. (And it's not expensive at all!) How could you possibly be sad if you were using these to cook with or eat from? I think I am going to make myself a t-shirt of this to wear on bad days.

Recent internet browsing led me to the Tamra Davis Cooking Show. It is an on-line show with little 5-10 minute episodes featuring Tamra Davis who is extra cool because she is the wife of Mike D from the Beastie Boys, but would be cool anyway. I recommend the ravioli episode if you have kids and are looking for something to do with them. I am going to try it. I will have to find a different filling though. I can't do ricotta. Anyway, check it out...it's really cool. And if you want to get me a little something to go with my pyrex gift, you can get the Tamra Davis cookbook featured on her web site.

When we go to Long Island, I am hoping to get a chance to spend some time in Brooklyn. There is a pizza place I want to go to, but I can't remember what it's called. I will find out. But mostly, I want to go to Moomah and SpaceCraft. Then I want to copy everything about them and open something like it here, in the empty space for lease in downtown Leesburg, so that when the time comes for me to go back to work, I can actually like my job. I will need someone to handle the "business" part of it for me. Anyone? I have never been to Brooklyn, but I am kind of obsessed with it. I wish Daphne was old enough to go up there with me on a NYC field trip. Someday, I am going to make that happen.

OK. Lunch time. Back to the real world. The one with frozen mini corndogs and TJ's applesauce.

Update: The pizza place in Brooklyn is Grimaldi's, and I'll be damned if I didn't just find out they have a location in Dallas, in the West Village, about 8 minutes from my old house.

1 comment:

Gye Greene said...

The ''Friendship pattern'' looks Amish, to me. :)


--GG