Thursday, March 22, 2012

Fog


Yesterday, I was in a fog both figuratively and literally.  I had one of those nights where I woke up at 3:00am and couldn't turn off my brain.  I dozed off a couple of times briefly.  Once, I woke up because I had a dream that my next door neighbor built a giant ramp in his back yard which he was using to jump his (3-story) house with a motorcycle.  He botched the landing and I could see him though my window, writhing in pain, doing a silent scream.  Nice, huh? Then, I managed to doze off one more time, minutes before my alarm woke me up again.  So, I wasn't in great shape yesterday.

When I looked outside, I saw a very heavy fog.  Daphne was up early too, so we decided to take a foggy morning walk.  We went down to the Leesburg Restaurant for breakfast.  I had cold biscuits and gravy, which was really disappointing, but I was too hungry to care.  Virginia is supposed to be technically "the South" but it sure doesn't show in the food.  There is no place to go anywhere around here for breakfast where I can get decent biscuits and gravy or nice cheesy grits.  Mmmmm...cheesy grits...

I spent most of the day being a zombie, and then had to go to a girl scout leader meeting last night.  I don't remember much about it.

But today, the sun came out.  And my tulips went from this:


to this:


The hyacinths are so pretty,


and the cherry tree in the back yard is peaking.


I got a lot done today.  I worked out, mailed some packages, and got all my paperwork done for the Girl Scout cookie sale.  Cookies are DONE!  I made some phone calls and returned some emails and basically got caught up on a lot of things that needed catching up on.  It's good when the fog lifts.


1 comment:

Gye Greene said...

"Virginia is supposed to be technically "the South" but it sure doesn't show in the food."

An excellent quote. :)


--GG