Friday, March 30, 2012

Spring Break


This week at art class, Daphne drew this nice picture of what Spring looks like here in Virginia.  Usually, this doesn't happen for a couple more weeks, but Spring is early this year.  Our pink cherry tree isn't peaking, yet, but it's doing this:



Spring Break starts when the school bell rings this afternoon.  In Texas, it was always in March, but having it now, the same week as Easter, is fine by me.  There will hardly be any school left when the kids go back after break.  Only one more grading period, and POOF!  Summer vacation!  Which is also fine by me.  I am looking forward to a little break from all the school activities.

Spring break should be pretty fun.  I think Daphne and I might go to DC on Monday for the day, since we can.  And I am planning to take her for a sleepover at Scout's house.  Kev will get some time off.  And there will be Easter with her cousins.  I hope the weather is nice for all of that.  It seems like it rained out the Easter Egg Hunt last year.

Tonight I am going to the Hunger Games movie with some grown-ups!  I never do things with grown-ups!  So this will be great.  I hope the movie is as good as the reviews are saying.  When books turn into movies, I never usually like the movies as much as the books.  I didn't like the The Help movie, really.  It's never like I imagine it when I'm reading.  But I'm looking forward to the night out with friends, and also to the music.  This movie has a soundtrack that includes Neko Case, The Decemberists, and The Civil Wars.  You can't go wrong there.

And this weekend, we have NO plans.  NONE.  No birthday parties, no Daisy things.  NOTHING.  I am going to hang out with my family and appreciate every single minute of it.  And if there are grits to be eaten at some point, even better.

Daphne will be getting off the bus any minute, so Spring Break can officially begin.  Woohoo!

PS.  We listened to KISS in the car this morning when we went to Wegman's.  Good times.

No comments: