Monday, March 12, 2012

Spending the Weekend Outside

On Saturday, the Daisies had their first Cookie Booth.  At a winery.  It was a really nice day to be outside, and they sold all the cookies they needed to sell. The girls were supposed to be all business and stay at the booth, but there was sunshine and a big open field, so they ran and ran as if it was the first time they'd ever been outside.  I couldn't blame them.  I kinda felt like running, too.  By the time it was over, I was exhausted from all the fresh air and corralling of 5 year olds, so it was good that we had plans to go to the movies with one of Daphne's friends. Sitting in a nice dark theater sounded good to me.  The Lorax is a pretty cute movie with a nice message, and the girls had a good time.  After the movie, there was pizza and chocolate cake and coffee, and even though it was decaf, I woke up at 4:00am and couldn't go back to sleep.  I think that as frustrating as that was, it helped me adjust to Springing Forward, because I had no trouble getting up and hour earlier this morning.


Sunday, we worked in the garden.  Kev got the beds ready, I pulled up last year's herbs, and we planted some new ones as well as some lettuce, carrot, and snap pea seeds.



Everyone pitched in, and it was actually kind of fun.  The bulbs we planted last fall are sprouting and blooming, and they make me happy.  This little corner was such a mess before Kev pulled up all the weeds and fixed it up for me so I could get the bulbs in.  The hard work has paid off.



Our last job was hanging the bird feeder that Daphne made with Girl Scouts at the library.  Bring on the birds!


Then, we had hot dogs and vanilla milk shakes.  The weekend was good.

It is going to be in the 70s all week.  Kev's mom and dad are coming Thursday, so I'm glad we'll have nice weather.  I am going to try to ride my bike at least once this week.  I think the groundhog was wrong.  Oh well.  You win some, you lose some.

No comments: