Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Fall-a-Palooza Four - The Greats


On Saturday morning after the Old 97s, I headed to Manassas for brunch.  My grandma was there, along with my aunt and two of my cousins and their kids.  The food was great, Daphne had lots of fun playing with Scout and the kids (her 3rd cousins?), and I got some nice pictures of my grandma with most of her "greats."  My cousin Amy and her little girl were missing, unfortunately.  It's been a long time since all five of the Renshaw cousins were in the same place at the same time. 

I love this picture of my grandma and Daphne.



When we got home, Daphne and Kevin raked up (and jumped in) piles of leaves while I took a nap.

I could have slept straight through until the next morning, only I had to get up to go to my neighbor's surprise vow-renewal ceremony.  It was really really nice, and gave me a chance to visit with some of my neighbors.  But I would have enjoyed it more if I wasn't so exhausted.  I came home and went to bed at 8:30.  I was done.

Sunday, I got up early to beat the pre-Frankenstorm panic at Wegman's.  In the afternoon, I took Daphne to a gymnastics place for a birthday party and used the time to sit and knit.  It's a good thing school was canceled, because Daphne was just as Fall-a-Palooza-ed out as I was.  We crammed a LOT of fun into 7 days, and it took its toll.  But it was worth it.  I'd do it all again. 

Tomorrow is Halloween.  October is ending.  I think I'll bake pumpkin bread to celebrate one of the most full-throttle awesome fall seasons we've had in a long time.  In November, I will try to take it easy.  But it's time to gear up for Christmas, so we'll see.

No comments: