Monday, October 29, 2012

I'm Calling This Post "Fall-a-Palooza"

Sitting here on Monday, October 29, waiting to lose power.  The Frankenstorm (aka Hurricane Sandy) has begun.  It's rainy and windy, school is closed today and tomorrow, Kev came home from work early, and they have canceled the Halloween parade.  I spent the morning making Guinness Beef Stew and doing laundry, hoping to get all that done before losing our electricity.  So far, we still have power.  So, I thought I'd catch up a little on blogging.  Last week was a crazy exhausting fun fun week.  Lots to talk about, but I'll start with last Saturday.

After a nice lunch with my parents and my grandma at Blue Ridge Grill, they headed back to Manassas, and we decided to go for a hike.  The weather was too good to not go do SOMETHING outside.  So we headed for Bear's Den.  The leaves were peaking, and we weren't disappointed by the view.






Since we were in the neighborhood, we stopped by Bluemont Winery on the way home.  The view there was nice as well, the sky was blue with puffy clouds, and there were turkeys.





 Poor turkey.  He has no idea what's in store for him next month. 

I can't remember what we did Sunday other than make a giant pot of jambalaya in anticipation of visitors from Texas the next day.  But more on that in another post.  Time to go stir my Frankenstorm stew.





No comments: