Friday, January 04, 2013

Go Slow and Say No


The other day, I got off the hamster wheel.  Christmas was done.  I sat down by the fireplace (in my FABULOUS new slippers - thanks, Mom and Dad) and read.  I found this book the other day when I was scrolling through the Kindle Daily Deals called "In Praise of Slowness."  So far, I really like it.  There is a lot of "stating the obvious" in the book, but it's still pretty interesting.  I am completely in favor of slow.  Some people crave the hamster wheel, but not me.  I just somehow always seem to accidentally end up on it, spinning and spinning, especially at Christmas time.  But now that I'm off, one of my New Year's Resolutions is to try to STAY off, and the best strategy for me is to start saying "No" more often.  I do not have to do it ALL.  It is better to just do SOME and do it WELL.  So, that's the goal.  We'll see what happens.  So far, we have nothing on the calendar for any of the Sundays in January.  I would like to keep it that way.  So, please don't ask me to do anything on a Sunday in January, because I will say no.  Sundays in January are now officially reserved for slow.  Slow breakfast, slow coffee, knitting, reading, family time.  Yep.

In other New Year's Resolution news, I am hoping to get back to regularly blogging in the food blog.  I miss doing that.  And I have some really good things to write about.  Maybe I can make that part of Slow Sundays.  I don't know.  But for now, may I show you some of what you have to look forward to if I can keep this resolution?







I think I will start with the cheese....




No comments: