Monday, January 28, 2013

Screeching Halt


I guess there can be such a thing as TOO slow.  Because what usually happens when I slow way down and let myself relax too much is that I get sick.  This time, I really didn't stand a chance, because Daphne got sick.  In this picture below, she was already starting to feel bad, but it didn't stop us from having a great time at the American Girl Cafe with Grandma and Molly:


The food was expensive, but actually pretty good - much better than I was expecting.  The service was great, and the experience was worth the price.  Those American Girl people know what they're doing.  I wish I could come up with such a genius idea.

When we got home, Daphne rapidly declined into something very flu-like.  It wasn't fun.  But luckily, it was quick, and she only missed one day of school.

Then, I got sick.  Gradually.  I would feel sort of yucky one day, then be fine, then feel terrible, then completely normal, and finally on Friday afternoon, I lost the fight.  Saturday morning I felt OK enough to make my dad's birthday cake and go out to lunch, but by the time we got home I was miserable again.
Sunday I just gave up and stayed in bed.  All day.  Kevin even brought me breakfast because he is awesome.

Today, I am still congested, but feeling much much better.  Functional, at least.  School is canceled due to rain (?!).  I guess maybe it's icy?  But they go to school in TEXAS with weather worse than this, so I don't quite get it.  So, Daphne's home, and I'm catching up on laundry and blogs and so forth.

Since I last posted, I have read FOUR WHOLE NOVELS.  That's how slow things have been.  And I loved every minute of that.  Reading makes me happy, even when I'm sick.

Daphne has done some painting:


And she got to play in the snow, even though it wasn't the good kind of snowman making snow.  She still had fun.


This has been a weird month with all the sick, and days off from school, and strange weather.  I am ready to speed things up again ever-so-slightly.  I have projects I want to start and others I need to finish.  For now, it's back to laundry, though. Piles and piles of laundry.

1 comment:

Gye Greene said...

Painting: Did she really do that? Amazinglybgood -- it looks like a Van Gough!

--GG