Friday, September 27, 2013

ME


Yesterday, I went to school for our first Brownie meeting, and saw this hanging in the 2nd grade hall.  I love it!  And I think Daphne drew a very good taco!

Brownies was really really fun.  Those girls are awesome.  Lots of exciting things coming up this year including DOG SLEDDING!  Fifteen more days!

I was exhausted by the time I went to my quilt class, but I managed to put all 35 blocks together into something resembling a quilt top!  It isn't perfect, but it doesn't matter,  I love it anyway.  I love the colors.  I love the pattern.  It makes me happy.


I picked out fabric for the backing and binding, and now I just have to go buy batting.  Next week, we sandwich the whole thing together and start quilting. 


When it's done, I am going to put on my owl sweater and some housepants, and curl up on the couch under my quilt with some coffee, yarn, and perhaps a little Van Morrison or Iron and Wine.  Maybe I should skip the coffee.  Good grief.  What if I spilled coffee all over my owl sweater and my new quilt?!  OK, no coffee.

Looking forward to the weekend.  Tonight is the big Willie Wonka movie surprise.  I have had the hardest time keeping it a secret from Daphne.  Tomorrow, she is going to a birthday party, so I get to hang out with Kev for a while.  And Sunday, we're all going to lunch to celebrate my mom's birthday.  There will hopefully be some knitting time.  But not sewing.  Because I am FINISHED sewing until the sandwiching class next week.  Yay!



1 comment:

Gye Greene said...

Quilt looks VERY good. :)

Spilling coffee: Hopefully it's white wine... :)


--GG