Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Soup Season!


I must be getting my groove back, because last night I tried a new recipe for the first time in a LONG time.  Daphne and I chose a soup from the latest issue of Southern Living and made it for dinner to celebrate Fall.

This is a lemon, meatball, and orzo soup, and the recipe is here.  Daphne helped by peeling the carrots, zesting and squeezing the lemons, and adding things to the pot.  She had a blast, and LOVED the soup.  She loved it so much that she wanted to take it to lunch today and finally try out her new Star Wars thermos.  I hope she doesn't spill it because it's picture day.  Probably not the best day to take soup to lunch.

Anyway, I liked it a lot, too, and it was really easy.  Next time, I may cut back on the lemon juice a little.  It was pretty lemony, which is a little weird in soup.  I really liked the chicken meatballs!  I used fresh bread crumbs that I made in my food processor, and had to use a lot more than the recipe called for.  I think I used 3 slices of bread with the crusts cut off.

I love soup!  Fall is awesome!

No comments: