Friday, September 13, 2013

One Down, Sixty-Two to Go...


Last night, I made my first ever quilt block.  I sustained a minor quilting injury when I nicked myself with the rotary cutter, but I got a cool Miss Piggy band-aid and it was all good.  Quilting is fun!  But it's hard.  And there is a lot of math.  I think it will be a good skill to have.  I have a stack of Daphne's baby clothes and some big plans brewing.

Speaking of brewing, tomorrow, Kev and I are going to Frederick to make beer.  I am looking forward to it.  I get to be the sous-brewer, and the people at the brewing place have to clean up all the mess.  When Kev makes beer at home, the kitchen always gets really sticky, and it smells like hops for a few days.  This will be MORE fun and LESS messy.  Plus, I think there will be delicious tapas for lunch.  I am a fan of Frederick.

I just found out that September is National Sewing Month.  How perfect!  I've been celebrating the whole time, and I didn't even know it.

New Skills I have learned during National Sewing Month:



Plus, the quilting skills.  I'd say that's pretty good.  I'm celebrating HARD!

By the way, there is nothing magical or difficult about a French Seam.  It's easy.  I don't know why they make such a big deal out of it on Project Runway.

Also this month, I learned a new knitting stitch that I've never had to use before - purling through the back loop.  So, IF on top of all that my house was clean, I'd be really proud of myself. Alas, it's not.  But it's getting there!

On that note, laundry calls.  Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

Gye Greene said...

I had to look up "French seam". Now I've learned something new. :)

--GG