Thursday, September 19, 2013

Ups and Downs


Yesterday, I was feeling pretty down about things.  My dress has wings and my quilt blocks are wonky.  Not the end of the world, right?  But still.  I worked hard on that dress, and I tried really really hard to do a good job on those blocks, so I was frustrated.

But today is a new day.  Above is Daphne's latest knitting project.  She is making a blanket for her friend Anne's tiny stuffed turtle. I was watching her knit this morning before school, and she's getting pretty good at it!  She has picked up speed and found a rhythm.  It makes me happy.

After she got on the bus, I took a walk around town.  This is my favorite time of year.  It was nice and chilly this morning.  When I got back, I was inspired to finally try to make a dent in the playroom situation.  It took me all morning, but I made some progress:


Far from complete, but Rome wasn't built in a day!  If you look at the picture a few posts ago and compare, it looks about a million times better.  It feels good to have some success.

Tonight I have my quilt class.  My mom is letting me borrow a special quilting presser foot for my machine that should make things easier and better.  And I ordered fabric to try again on the dress.  And tonight is Project Runway night!  Yay!  Things are looking up!

At least there are no lions.

1 comment:

Gye Greene said...

Great progress on the playroom.

Actually, though -- that's about as tidy as **our** place ever gets... ;)

--GG