Friday, February 23, 2007

Blogging Because I Can

I have a few minutes, so I am going to blog. Last night, Kev and I went to Fort Worth to see Madeleine Peyroux at the Bass Hall, so Daphne spent the night in Garland with G-ma and G-pa. It was her first night away from us, or I should say it was our first night away from her. It was hard for me, but she was fine. She was good, and she even slept all night. My little baby doesn't need me anymore. How depressing. Actually, I am glad she did so well. Now I will feel more comfortable leaving her, and maybe Kev and I can actually get away for a whole weekend sometime. I have been itching for a camping trip since the weather has been so nice lately. Anyway, Daphne is on her way home, so I'm using this last bit of free time to blog since there's not really time to start a project. You should see my list of projects! I'll never get it all done.

The show was great last night. If you guys haven't listened to Madeline Peyroux, you should go over to Amazon or something and check her out. Her voice is amazing. And if you haven't been to the Bass Hall, I recommend that too. It is a beautiful big symphony hall, and the acoustics are great. We saw the great Doc Watson there last year, and we found out last night that he's coming back. Gordon Lightfoot is also scheduled, and I think that would be a good show. Especially since the Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald is a PPHPHB staple during band practice (it is one of the only songs where I can play all the guitar chords...no Fs or Bs!).

The opening act was a guy called "Goat." He has a real name, which I forget, and he is the son of baseball great Al Rosen. He was a really good pianist, sort of Ray Charles-y, but his voice was a little grating, and he kept pronouncing words that begin with "A" using a long "A" sound even when it wasn't necessary. For example, he would say AY-lone instead of UH-lone, and AY-gain, AY-way, AY-go, and so forth. Every time! It was past my bedtime, and I was really sleepy and irritable, so I was having a hard time tolerating Goat and his long "A"s. I was telling Kev this on the way home, and he said, "Boy, you are easily annoyed." And I said, "Don't you mean AY-noyed?" and that was the end of conversation in the car for a while. Sorry I was so cranky, Kev. I'm no good without sleep. But in spite of my crankiness, we had a fun night out, and we got to eat velvety lobster bisque at Daddy Jack's! Thanks to my mom and dad for Peanut-sitting.

This morning, myfirst daffodil bloomed. I'll post a picture later. Kev's mom brought me a butterfly plant all the way from New York. If I don't kill it, it will be a miracle. But I am going to try hard to take care of it, because it is a really pretty plant, and it will bring butterflies to the yard.

The baby will be here soon, so I better go. I can't wait to see her. Have a good weekend everybody!

No comments: