Monday, February 12, 2007

Video Killed the Radio Star

So, if you scroll down, you will see that thanks to the magic of YouTube, I have figured out a way to post videos on my blog. This creates a whole new world of possibilities. I will try not to abuse this new ability. The first two videos are ones of the Peanut (surprise surprise). She started crawling the "real" way this weekend, so we filmed it.

I had a crafty weekend. On Saturday, I went to a sewing class using a gift certificate I got for Christmas. I learned to make a giant box floor pillow, which is being referred to around here as my "tuffet." The most useful thing about the class was learning to sew in a zipper. I can now use that skill for things more practical than tuffets, like skirts and dresses and so forth.

Also, I finished my second knitting project, which is a "yarn hat" commissioned by LarryFeathers.

And I did a little experimenting with making iron-on appliques using scrap fabric and fusible webbing, which is a very cheap, easy, and fun way to embellish your otherwise plain clothes.

All of these are pictured on the Peanut Gallery, along with some pictures of Daphne holding a beer. Oh, the schtick you can do with babies!

Hope you all had a good weekend.

2 comments:

fooiemcgoo said...

after having a horrible accident that cut a nifty dato in my finger (as you might know from my blog), i tend to visualize the worst-case senario that can happen with machinery. in this case, it was with a sewing machine. is it possible to sew your hand or finger to your material? that is what my day-dreaming just conjered up.

Tara said...

It's probably not impossible to sew your own finger, but highly unlikely. That would REALLY hurt. With that said, don't fear the sewing machine. It is your friend.