Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Field Trip





Yesterday, my mom and I took the Peanut to the playground at the lake. It was hot, which is funny because last week it was freezing. Texas. Anyway, she had a great time swinging and looking at birds like the Double-Crested Cormorant pictured here. You do not want to get pooped on by a double-crested cormorant, by the way. It is nasty stuff.
Last week, Kev's mom and dad came for a visit. We had a fun and action packed weekend. We went to the Fort Worth Stockyards and to the Dallas World Aquarium, and had lots of houseband time. I'll put pictures on next time I have blogging time. And I will tell you about my awesome Valentine's day gift from Kev, and about the jazz singer we saw Sunday night.
Seven days left before the LRHS logo contest deadline, so get those last-minute entries in. I am flabbergasted by the response so far. I didn't think anyone would enter. You are all cool. Or else you are a bunch of people with way too much time on your hands. I have to say, though, I am disappointed in my relatives, none of whom has entered. Dangit.

2 comments:

Gye Greene said...

Cormorant poop: I shudder ta think how you know it's nasty stuff. Is there a blogworthy childhood story behind this?

No family members: Kevin kinda counts, right? If'n you're thinking ''blood relatives'', I'm sure the P-Nut would enter, if she was older.


--GG

Julie said...

cutie pics!! and I love the sock monkey with the guitar logo!