Tuesday, June 10, 2008

All Done

This afternoon, I finished reading the Perks of being a Wallflower book that Bleach suggested. Now I am sad. Good books never seem to last long enough. And it was a really good book. I think many of the people who read this blog would probably like it.

I guess that means it's time to get the sewing machine back out.

Someone keeps hacking into my email account and sending spam to my contacts. This is most upsetting. I really don't want to have to change my email address. Computers can be a real drag.

To cheer myself up, I will tell you that we have been watching a lot of Mister Rogers lately, and we have seen him knit AND play the melodica. Did you guys know that his mother knitted him all those sweaters he wore on the show? She must have shown him how to do it. And his melodica was exactly like mine. And I felt so happy until the music shop lady said "it's a great instrument for little kids to start on," which made me a little sad. But then I forgot about that and felt happy again because Mister Rogers took it back to "his place" and played one of his songs on it and it was just cool. Also, YoYo Ma has been on his show about three times since we've been watching regularly. And then one day he (Mister Rogers, not YoYo Ma) went to visit the doctor's office and actually got a shot just to show little kids it's not that big of a deal. I love Mister Rogers.

Daphne has to go to the doctor's office tomorrow. She has to get two shots. In spite of Mister Rogers' efforts, she isn't going to think it's not that big of a deal. It is going to be pretty traumatic for everyone, I'm afraid.

Now I feel sad again. Brad, I need another book...

2 comments:

Gye Greene said...

Weird about someone using your e-mail. Have you tried just changing your password?

I still think TOM'S MIDNIGHT GARDEN is a great book... :)


--GG

Bleach said...

Hard to suggest something that can follow that. I will glance at my bookshelf and try to make a suggestion soon. Glad you liked that one.