Thursday, June 12, 2008

Show and Tell



I didn't know Kevin's sister, Kim, could paint, but look at this! It is the church where we got married. She sent it to us with Daphne's birthday gifts. I am going to get it framed and hang it in a special place. I love it. Maybe being pregnant is making her extra talented.



On flickr, you can participate in craft swaps with other people who make stuff. There is usually a theme, and it is really fun. These are owls I received in an Owl Swap. Daphne tried to make them hers, but I'm keeping this batch for myself.




And finally, I cooked something that isn't yellow! Kev and I went to Cafe Madrid not too long ago, and the waiter suggested piquillo peppers with goat cheese as his favorite thing on the menu. I politely told him I don't like peppers and he politely told me that if I didn't like these ones, I wouldn't have to pay for them. Guess what. We paid for them. They were delicious. So I made them at home. You have to buy the peppers in a jar, and at my grocery store, this jar is $9.99, so I won't be making them often. Anyway, I just opened them up, scraped out the seeds, and rolled them up with goat cheese inside. Stuck them under the broiler until the cheese got all melty and the peppers started to brown. Mmmmm. Daphne even liked it. She kept calling them pepperoni. (by the way, I got two batches about this size from one jar).

It is windy. I hope it will rain. That is the only time we get relief.

Yesterday at the grocery store I was grumpy because I was REALLY hot, but then I saw one of the guys from Sudan in the parking lot rounding up all the carts. He was wearing a safari hat and the biggest smile you ever saw. I was less grumpy after that.

3 comments:

Angie said...

That is so sweet of his sister. It's a very beautiful painting too.

Those owl's look like fun. My girls would probably try to claim them as their own as well.

Gye Greene said...

Wow! You guys are **all** talented! Craft things; painting; food stuff. And music!


--GG

summer pickles said...

wow, love that red owl in the front... how fantastic!
(mouth is watering looking at these peppers, too... mmmmmmm!)