Sunday, June 01, 2008

Pay Attention to ME!

A couple nights ago, I made spaghetti and meatballs. Daphne found a mushroom, and made this announcement: "I found a mushroom!" I told her she was so lucky! And for the rest of the meal, we looked for more lucky mushrooms. Each mushroom was a cause for celebration.

Last night, we had left-over spaghetti and meatballs. This was after a very long, hot, and tiring day, and Kev and I had about enough energy to lift our forks, but that was it. Not a lot of meal-time banter was happening. Suddenly, Daphne announced, "I found a mushroom! I'm so lucky!" She received no reaction. So, she said it again. "I found a mushroom! I'm so lucky!" Silence from the crowd. So, she looked at us, and said, "Laugh."

That got a reaction.

2 comments:

Gye Greene said...

She has a future in stand-up comedy.


--GG

Angie said...

hahaha! Love it! Completely sounds like my 3 year old. Thanks for the good laugh.