Thursday, April 08, 2010

Give Me Liberty or Give Me...Shoes

Aaaaah. Iced coffee. What a treat. I am enjoying some now, in my new glass from Target's Liberty of London collection. If you haven't gotten your Liberty goods, you better hurry coz they're going fast. I went back today to get a planter for my kitchen window basil, but they're already gone. Sold out. So sad. Anyway, the glass makes me happy, as does the iced coffee. It's HOT outside. The good news is, it's NOT hot inside, because Kevin is a genius and fixed the AC on Tuesday night. It turns out, it was that d$*# smelly ginko tree from next door! Some of its berries had fallen into our condensor and jammed the thing up. Kev fished them out and it started up again, and now the house is nice and cool. Yay!

Speaking of cool, check out these Anthropologie shoes:


I saw them in the catalog and decided then and there that I must have them (imagine Homer Simpson here, when he's thinking about donuts) until I saw the price: $395.00. Good Lord. Who can afford that? Sigh. I will just have to wear them in my imagination with the dream dress from my aunt Kathy's painting. In REAL life, I went to Kohl's and spent $28 (marked down from $40!) on these:

If you have read this blog for very long, you know how much happiness I get from orange shoes. These are the first "fancy" shoes I've bought in a long time. YEARS, maybe. And I love them. LOVE. I wore them to my cousin's baby shower and to my grandma's party. Somebody invite me out to dinner so I can wear them again. (I think they are a little much for preschool drop-off or a trip to Wegman's).
In spite of the summer-like temperatures, it is definitely spring. The cherry tree is full on blooming:


And soon, there will be peonies:



The bad news is that the pollen is making everyone sick. Daphne has laryngitis. She sounds like she's been smoking for years, and she has a cough that's keeping us all awake. I have had bad headaches, and I think Kevin has too. Tonight it is supposed to rain, so that should help. I hope.
I went to the library this morning, so I am off to look through my books and finish my iced coffee. Stay tuned for tales of Kiddie Rock and soccer...



1 comment:

Gye Greene said...

Yep -- groovy shoes. And, yeah -- I don't think the first pair can claim to be $350 nicer.

Do you wear red or orange stuff w/ your orange shoes? Or just "whatever"?


--GG