Thursday, May 13, 2010

Rain

Last night, the skies opened up and we had a nice little thunderstorm, which gave me a break from watering the garden, and Daphne a chance to play outside in her rain gear. Until we saw lightning.

There is a traveling show called "Rain" that is coming to Wolf Trap this summer. I really want to take Daphne. It's a Beatles tribute, and I think she would love it. My dad took me to one called Beatlemania when I was in 7th grade, and I thought it was awesome. Daphne is a big Beatles fan. She likes Paul the best. The other night, she got 37% on Beatles Rock Band doing vocals on "Drive My Car." Also coming to Wolf Trap this summer are Harry Connick Jr., and the great Chris Isaak, not to be confused with each other. We saw Chris Isaak at Billy Bob's in Fort Worth a couple years ago, and it was honestly one of the best shows I've ever seen. You can't beat the mirrored suit. That same day, we saw a Swami at White Rock Lake, but that's another story. I am so thankful for this blog. Without it, I'd have probably forgotten all about the Swami.

Speaking of Cow Town, last night, that "Casey" on American Idol said he was looking forward to getting home to Fort Worth so he could hear people saying "y'all" again. I totally know the feeling, Casey. Nobody here talks like me except my awesome neighbor Martha. And she is moving back to Louisiana soon, so there goes that. I'm not nearly as homesick as I was this time last year, but it still hits me sometimes. This morning, I had to make the haul to Manassas and back, and I listened to Hitchhike to Rhome on the way, which nearly made me cry. Old 97s can keep making great record after great record, but that one will always be the best. Anyway, it made me miss Texas. I am going to have to plan a visit soon.

Forgive me. I am a little loopy from lack of sleep. Daphne's cough was keeping us all up last night, so I ended up sleeping with her in the guest room. She is the world's squirmiest, kickiest sleeper, and I got very little rest. I just took a 90 minute nap, but that has kinda made it worse. I feel all out of sorts.

Thank goodness for left-over Chicken and Biscuits. Counting the minutes to dinner...

1 comment:

Gye Greene said...

I haven't lived too many places -- just western Washington (state), and Brisbane, Australia. So I don't know what your local people say.

Do your locals say ''ova' theah'' for ''over there''? If so, you might enjoy Pacific Northwest folks: we have a bit of a drawl, and say ''over therrrr''. :)

**I** say ''y'all'' -- but it's more of an affectation. I also say ''Howdy'' -- FWIW. But mostly as a reaction to other folks saying ''G'day''. ;)


--GG