Saturday, May 29, 2010

Let There Be Rock. Or Perhaps Bluegrass.

So last night, we ushered in Memorial Day weekend with a little house band party. We loaded our gear into the car, along with some fruit salad and goat cheese gratin, and headed over to our friends' house for delicious grilled food and music, some of which actually sounded pretty good.
I wish I had taken some video. The kids joined in on a couple of songs, but they mostly ran around and played. I played mandolin, because fortunately, most of the songs we played were made up of some combination of the 6 or 7 chords I know. I also played a little bass, which is lots of fun:

It was a really fun night for all involved, and I think we'll be doing it again in the near future. If so, I'll try to record a little for "Blog and Tell." I think we'll sound better next time.
Thanks to our hosts, Tim and Suzanne, for having us over and for all the great food and adult conversation. Looking forward to the next hootenanny!

No comments: