Friday, August 06, 2010

McT

This morning, when I asked Daphne what she wanted for breakfast, she said, "A Happy Meal."

Um...OK.

So, this is what she got.  It looks a little like Uncle Jeff, I think.  Anyway, it pleased Her Highness and she finished it up quickly, which is saying a lot because I'm sure she had something totally different in mind when she asked for a Happy Meal, and once she has her mind set on something, she doesn't usually budge.

(The dark stuff is a strawberry fruit bar from Trader Joe's).

Unrelated:  I found out that my Awesome Birthday Surprise is a weekend with Kev in DC at a very nice hotel.  I cannot wait.  It is going to be fabulous.  So, stay tuned in a couple weeks for lots of photos and tales of adventure.  We may even CANOE!  Kev rules.  Thanks, Kev.

And thanks to my family down south for babysitting!

On a more serious note, our good family dog, Albert, gave us all quite a scare this week, but today we finally received some encouraging news indicating that some routine surgery may solve the issue.  The news could have been much worse and I am very thankful.  We will all be glad when the operation is over.  Albert is not a pet, he is a family member.  Please keep a good thought for him.

OK...off to start the weekend.  Perhaps with grits.

3 comments:

Gye Greene said...

Dog: Glad to hear the hopeful prognosis.

Interesting -- I don't think you've **ever** mentioned (nor photographed) the family dog for your blog. (As a dog owner, I'm attuned to these things.) A recent addition?


--GG

Gye Greene said...

Strawberry fruit bar: Is that like fruit leather?

"off to start the weekend. Perhaps with grits." Would make a good t-shirt.


--GG

Tara said...

Albert is my brother's dog. He has actually been mentioned a lot! Here is one example: http://housepants.blogspot.com/2005/10/this-dogs-life.html

He is a really cool dog.

Yes, it's fruit leather from Trader Joe's. All natural.

Alas, there were no grits.