Thursday, August 12, 2010

Oh, the Possibilities...

I am declaring my first batch of homemade ice cream a success.  There it is, topped with a little Magic Shell just for fun.  But it didn't really need it.  It was fine on its own.  I cannot believe how easy it is to make ice cream!!!  Hooray for the good people of Cuisinart for using their technological powers for good.  As we ate, we imagined the possibilities.  They are endless.  But I assure you, before there is anything else, there will be Nutella Gelato.  (That's even fun to SAY!) I will report back on how that turns out.  In the meantime, please feel free to share if you have any good ice cream recipes or ideas.

Although I was feeling a little under the weather yesterday, I had a great birthday.  There were gifts, there was gas station Thai food, there was of course the ice cream, there was a nap, there was reading and knitting, phone calls from people I like, nice messages on Facebook, and Daphne was good at bath time.  Kev got me a family band birthday gift - an amp for the bass.  It is orange - possibly the most fashionable amp I've ever seen.  I will take a picture and post it soon.  I am pretty sure I am the only mommy on the block with a cool orange bass amp.  So, now I'm really going to have to practice, because with the amp, you can actually HEAR me playing the bass.  Daphne gave me a card that she drew/wrote herself, and a pretty orange candle holder that she picked out and bought with her own money.  The lady at the Thai place even gave me some free mango and sticky rice, which was nice.  And tomorrow, Kev and I are headed to DC for the weekend.  I can't wait.  A very good birthday.  Thanks, everybody.

In other news, there was a serial killer here in Leesburg going around town stabbing people and hitting people with hammers.  It was pretty scary, especially since we walk everywhere.  But he has been caught! 

Albert the dog is doing well, moving a little slowly, but recovering nicely.  I get to see him tomorrow before we head to DC. 

And tonight is Project Runway night, so set your DVRs.

Have a great weekend, and stay tuned for Big City Adventures...

2 comments:

Gye Greene said...

Photo of the bass amp? (Maybe one of you rocking out?)


--GGl

Gye Greene said...

Oh: And, good job on the ice cream, Pioneer [Food] Woman. :)


--GG