Monday, August 02, 2010

Resistance is Futile

The title of this post was suggested by Kev as he came in from the garden on Saturday morning with way more tomatoes, green peppers, and banana peppers than we can possibly eat.  Even after giving a bunch away, we still had all that (above) left this morning.  And below is what I just finished gathering this afternoon.
Possibly the most unfortunate thing is that I do not like tomatoes.  We grow them every year.  I taste them every year.  And I just don't like them.  Even with salt.  Even with fresh basil and mozzarella. But there IS hope.  This year, I disliked them much less than in years past.  There was no gagging this time, or running for a glass of water to chase them down.  So, maybe next year, I'll try them again.  Everyone has been saying that these ones from the garden are especially great. 

In other news, we had a really great weekend.  Our friends came back from their tour of NY/Philly on Saturday, so we all went out for Cajun food on the new patio at the Cajun Experience restaurant downtown.  The food was great, the weather was delightful, and Daphne was really good.

On Sunday morning, the kids set up all of Daphne's guys to be the audience  for a magic show
which was performed by the Great Stromboli and her "lovely assistant."
Very entertaining.
And before they left, there was Rock Band.  Of course.  So much fun.

It was really great to get a chance to spend time with my good friends.  It's been way too long.  I was very sad to see them go.
 As promised, here is a photo of the new dresser we found last weekend at Eastern Market.  I love it.  I can't wait to put my stuff in it and get rid of those cheap plastic Target bins.  But first, I have to find some pretty paper to line the drawers with.

Look!  Dividers!
That's where my sweaters will go.

OK...off to read a little before Daphne wakes up.  I need to finish my book so I can return it to the library tomorrow.  Nothing is on the agenda this week, and I think I'll try to keep it that way.  I have a lot to catch up on around the house.  Please let me know if you want some tomatoes.

2 comments:

Gye Greene said...

Excellent audience. :)


--GG

Gye Greene said...

Also: a bountiful harvest! (A veggie garden is on our "To Do" list.)

--GG