Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Good Eats Alert

Here is some White Bean and Chicken Chili that I made last night. Here is the recipe. I got it from a Giada cookbook that I got for my birthday. Her recipes never let me down, and most of the ones in her books can also be found on the Food Network website. Anyway, this chili was really good, especially since it was the coldest day of the year so far. Daphne even liked it. Kev didn't say too much about it, but he had seconds, so I think he liked it OK. I think he might have enjoyed it more if it wasn't called "chili." He has a certain idea of what "chili" should be (pretty much just chunks of beef and spicy sauce), and this isn't it. So if it was called "white bean and chicken stew" or something, he may have liked it better. But I loved it and I will definitely make it again. I stuck pretty much to the recipe, except I added some cayenne and a little tabasco sauce, and left out the red pepper flakes (Daphne wouldn't have eaten it if she could see red pepper flakes). Some of the recipe reviewers said they used spinach instead of swiss chard, and turkey instead of chicken. I bet it doesn't make much difference in the taste, but I may try that next time just to see. So, if it's really cold where you are, give it a try. It's really easy, healthy, and you'll get a couple meals out of it. (I just had some for lunch, and it's even better left-over than it was last night). And if there are any chili snobs living in your house, just call it soup.

1 comment:

Christina said...

LOL! I just saw Giada makes this dish on her show last week! It looks delicious! I want to try it sometime!