Thursday, January 27, 2011

Snow Day

Last night, there was a ridiculous snowstorm in the area. They knew it was coming, so they cancelled school yesterday. There wasn't all that much snow, really, but for some reason it caused an unusual amount of mayhem. Maybe because it happened at rush hour. Drivers were stranded for hours. It took Kevin two hours to get home and once he got into town, it took him 45 minutes to go one block! He could have walked home much faster. Needless to say, there was no school today, so Kev took half the day off and we took Daphne sledding at the local elementary school. It was big fun.

I even got a turn:

And now, I am officially OVER winter. Bring on the spring, and bring it on QUICK. They have already called off school for tomorrow. Again. I have no idea why...the roads are fine. I guess they could be frozen early in the morning. But still. DELAY it a couple hours. But please stop cancelling school. I am never going to get anything done at this rate.

OK, OK. I guess I need to look at it as more quality time I get to spend with Daphne. I will try to look at it that way. But honestly, I think she's just as ready to go back to school as I am for her to go. She is starting to go a little nuts. Last night, she was singing a song about swiss chard and its effect on the muscles of her made-up sea creatures, the Wongees. SWISS CHARD! She has to be the first person in the history of ever to sing about swiss chard.

So, while today was really fun, like the most fun we've had in a while, I am ready to hang up my giant marshmallow coat and put away my boots until next year. It ain't gonna happen, but I can dream:

Aaaaaaah, yes.

1 comment:

Gye Greene said...

Swiss chard song: More about the Wongees, please.

--GG