Friday, November 30, 2012

At the Buzzer...


This morning in my hour between pilates class and volunteering at school, I finished the bags.  You may recognize them from last year, and the year before that.  There was a bit of panic earlier in the week when I couldn't find them.  I looked through all the Christmas bins.  Three times.  And then, I remembered that last year, I put them in my closet in order to have easier access to them rather than having to search through the Christmas bins.  That plan didn't work out too well for me.  But, in any case, I FOUND them, and today, I loaded them up with little notes and treats and got them all ready for December, which starts tomorrow.  I have no idea how, now that Daphne is in school full time, I seem to have LESS time to get things done.  I could either blame Girl Scouts, or just own up to the fact that I have poor time management skills.  Probably a combination of both, mixed with unexpected sicknesses and hurricane-days-off.  Getting those bags done was a real relief, though, and now I can relax and enjoy the weekend, which is going to be busy.

Tonight, the troop is going caroling.  Tomorrow is family-put-up-the-tree day.  And Sunday we're taking the girls in the troop shopping for the family they adopted for Christmas. Yesterday at the meeting, the girls made placemats and cards for them.  My friend Jill took this picture of Daphne.  Nice attitude, huh?


The girls were very silly yesterday, but still managed to make some sweet cards and pictures, and learn a little something about being responsible.  It was a good meeting even though I was feeling a little off.  I'm very lucky.  I had a lot of help.  Thankful for that.

November ends today, and I have enjoyed doing these "thankful" posts.  I really do have a lot to be thankful for, and I appreciate my family and friends and home and all the things I have a lot more than I probably ever say.

Off soon to troll the ancient Yuletide carol.  Happy end of November.  Stay tuned for some very bag-intensive posts.(Sorry.)


No comments: