Today, I went to see my retina specialist, and I am thankful that for now my eye remains stable. I can drive, read, knit, and everything I was afraid I might not be able to do back when this whole thing started. Look! I'm knitting a whole SWEATER!
Eventually, it will have owls on it! And it will go on ME instead of a chair!
I learned recently that it has been proven that knitting lowers stress and blood pressure. As long as you don't make a big fat mistake that you can't fix and start freaking out about it. That would tend to have the opposite affect, I'm afraid. Ask Kev. He knows.
At the beginning of October, I had some goals. Let's see how I did.
- Clean out Daphne's closet (again) - Partially complete
- Clean out the kitchen cabinets - Made a good start for sure
- Sew something - Owl costume...check!
- Try a new soup recipe - nope
- Get some pants - nope
- Start thinking about Christmas - check!
- Get a haircut - check!
- Get a pedicure - nope
- Read for 20 minutes every single day- no, not every day, but I finished two books.
And, I'm certainly thankful I'm not these guys. Poor turkeys.
PS. I know I should be mad that Christmas stuff is already everywhere, but when I saw it all at Target yesterday, it made me feel happy. Bring it on.