Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Random Wednesday Thankfulness


There is still a little bit of fall left outside.  Our maple tree in the front yard is always late to turn red, and it looks so pretty when most all other trees are brown or bare.  It's cold, though.  I think we've had the last of the nice warm no-jacket days.  Perfect weather for the minestrone that is in my slow cooker.


The cards my troop made and the items we helped collect were delivered to Gerritsen Beach over the weekend.  The 17 foot truck and two completely full cars were met with cheers and crying.  Those people who still have homes will probably not have power until after the holidays.  I can't even imagine that.  So, I have a lot of big reasons to be thankful this year as the holidays approach.

Today, though, I am thankful for the little things.  Here is a list of a few of them, in no particular order and certainly not complete:

  • eggnog
  • coffee
  • eggnog lattes!
  • good sharp knives and quality cookware
  • indoor plumbing
  • my garbage disposal
  • fresh bread
  • Wii Rock Band
  • this blog
  • my camera
  • cheese
  • chocolate
  • books and my kindle
  • birds
  • my mom's spaghetti
  • free pilates classes
  • Wegman's
  • records, cds, and Pandora
  • Mister Rogers
  • minestrone in the crockpot
  • Elf
  • dogs
  • lip balm
  • Skype
  • yarn
  • Elvis Costello
  • Henry and Mudge
  • Quincy
  • shrimp and grits
  • biscuits and gravy
  • pie
  • Maine
  • the Rangers and the Mavericks
  • snow
I could go on and on...

1 comment:

Gye Greene said...

On my monitor, the photo of the red leaves looks 3-D. Spooky!


--GG