Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving Day

I made apple crisp.

Daphne made place cards.

Grandpa carved the turkey.

The table was set.

Scout had a birthday.

There were garlic cheddar biscuits.

Grandma made noodles.

Kev mashed potatoes.

Aunt Kathy made the drinks.

Plates were filled.

And we ate.


Thanksgiving weekend.  If not for the pink eye, it would have been perfect.  Even with the pink eye, it was still pretty great.

I have learned that it is a little harder to feel thankful when your eye is matted shut with disgusting eye goop.  But it IS still possible.  And I have a lot to be thankful for.  After all, there are NO LIONS.  I hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving with the people that you like the most and lots of pie.  Stay tuned for Christmas!

1 comment:

Gye Greene said...

No lions: Would make a good t-shirt or bumper sticker. (do I say that every time you use that phrase?)

It's a good phrase, though. Maybe Daphne will use it as an adult.


--GG