Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Aloha, D'oh!


It's a big day, part of a big week.  Today is the first grade end-of-school party (Hawaiian theme) and Daphne's last day to be six.  Tomorrow she will be seven.  SEVEN.  And I am feeling like the worst mom ever because I am just not prepared.  If you have been reading this blog for long, you know that usually, Daphne's birthday is a huge deal with months of planning and elaborate DIY themed parties.  This year, in the spirit of SLOW, we decided to keep it simple.  Which is fine.  Except tomorrow is her birthday and I am struggling to find a way to make it special.  Maybe Pinterest has some ideas.  But I have less than 24 hours and very little energy.  Maybe the first step is to step away from the computer.  So, Aloha for now.  I have a birthday to plan!

No comments: