Friday, March 28, 2014

MTWTF


On Monday, I went to a Sip-n-Sew (and Knit) at the Bean Bar.  I started a project with linen yarn on tiny needles, and learned to do "double knitting."  Eventually, this will become a lavender sachet pouch.  Double knitting is pretty amazing.  I don't know how anybody ever came up with it.


On Tuesday, it snowed.  Again.  And I made a really good sandwich.


It didn't start snowing until after the bus came in the morning, so Daphne went to school.  After school, we walked in the snow down to King Street Coffee to do homework,


and then headed to the Finch so Daphne could finish up her sewing class.


She made a face zipper pouch.  I love it.




On Wednesday, I started another new project.  For work.  

Oh my gosh.  I said "work."

I don't know how this all happened, but I was asked if I would like to start teaching some knitting classes at the Finch.  I cannot tell you how excited and terrified I am.  I get to actually WORK at my favorite place in town.  I will get paid to sit and KNIT with people.  I can't wait to get started.  It's scary, but it's going to be so much fun.


On Thursday, there was no more sign of snow, so Daphne pogo'ed on the patio.  She is getting really good at it.  Her record is 100, and she could have kept going but she thought that was a good place to stop.


Today is Friday.  It rained all morning.  I went to Pilates, and then to a meeting at Shoes to talk about an upcoming camping trip with the troop and to drink a gigantic cup of coffee.  

There is a lot going on.  I hope I can handle it all without losing my groove.  I cannot lose my groove.  I think it will help when Spring is really here.  Spring is good for the groove.

So much good stuff is coming up, and so much to blog about, but no time now.  Daphne wants me to take another pogo stick video.  I think she has a new trick.

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Gye Greene said...

Knitting teacher: That's impressive, that you are good enough at knitting that you can now teach others. :)


--GG