Sunday, January 23, 2005

Desperate Times

As I type this, I am drinking instant coffee. We are in the middle of our fourth coffee crisis here at the LRHS house. It seems no coffee maker we purchase can last more than one year without something going horribly wrong. Now, we are coffee-less until I take our current maker to either be repaired or replaced. If the fine people of Bodum are unwilling to do either of these things, I don't know what will happen, as Kev has already emphatically claimed he will not buy another &*#!@ coffee maker.

On a brighter note, It is only 9 AM and I have already seen several different kinds of birds at the feeders. Desperate times for the birds as well, I suppose, as it's cold out and they've got no mittens or hats or scarves. Yesterday, I am happy to report, the woodpeckers found the peanuts. There were two different kinds enjoying a snack, and that made me happy. I am telling you that you might be surprised how much fun you can have if you put up a couple of bird feeders at your home. It is like a treasure hunt, and every time you see a new kind of bird it's a nice little surprise which can create some lift in your day. Even when all you have is instant coffee.

1 comment:

Robert_M said...

I find that sunflower seeds, are quite popular.