Saturday, January 22, 2005

Spring Head

In spite of today's cold front, I have Spring-head. It's cool out, but still sunny, and there are birds all around, and some of my bulbs are coming up, and Kev raked up the last of the leaves this morning, and I am feeling springy. Don't get me wrong...I love winter and hope it sticks around a while. I am even jealous of our neighbors to the north and all the snow they've been promised this weekend. I'm pretty sure most of them would gladly trade their snow for our mild temps and sunny skies. The grass is always greener, as they say. Anyway, I have an itchy garden finger, and an inner desire to do creative things. This happens every year. Sadly, it never lasts very long. I am easily frustrated and discouraged by failed creative endeavors, and retreat back into sitting on the couch wishing I was in Alaska or the Galapagos Islands or the Italian coast or at least a little cabin in the woods somewhere. One of my biggest flaws is the inability to stick with anything. Could I have adult ADD? Anyway, I think I better go write a song or draw something or crochet something before the moment is gone.

Kev is in the kitched making spaghetti and meatballs. You should smell my house right now! Can't wait for dinner time...

No comments: