Monday, January 03, 2005

New Year's Groove

Happy New Year to all!
As predicted, my groove is in grave danger from post-holiday letdown. Yesterday was tree-taking-down day. How I hate tree-taking down day. It makes me cry every year. It seems like Christmas came and went so fast that I didn't get to savor it properly. Now January is here, and I am feeling pretty blue. I have no big event to look forward to or plan for. So, in order to save my groove, I am going to have to be very mindful and pro-active. Here are some things I am going to do to help save my groove:
  • Learn to crochet with my new Christmas crochet kit
  • Learn to play the accordian and the Turkish Spike Fiddle and maybe the clarinet
  • Be more active in the band
  • Work on my tree herbarium book I got for Christmas
  • Sew some stuff
  • Read
  • Try new recipes from my new cookbooks
  • Cut lots of things with my new scissors from my carousel of scissors (24 different edges!)
  • Watch a lot of Fat Albert, Looney Tunes, and other DVDs
  • Listen to new CDs
  • Learn more about birds
  • Learn more about gardening
  • Try to see my friends more often
  • Play board games more often
  • Make new soups

So there are probably some other things too, like roller skating and stuff, but that's a start. I got a lot of nice and fun gifts for Christmas, so that should keep me busy for a while.

We went to see the Fat Albert movie on New Years Day. It was cute...good clean fun for the whole family. I think maybe Fat Albert is sort of a squippie.

I want to kick a quick shout out to Kev's cousin, E.F., in case he is reading this. Also to SKSG, who will hopefully be blogging soon. Also, in case you don't know, you can get Fat Albert episodes on DVD now...they are great. Also, I forgot to mention that we saw an otter or possibly a muskrat in New York in addition to the turkeys and deer. I reckon that's all for now.

3 comments:

Robert_M said...

I also hate the tree take down. Ours went up so late cause it was in storage, and now it's time to tear down. : (

Tara said...

Yes, it is always a sad day. Maybe there could be a new thing where you can leave the tree up all year and just change the deorations during different seasons. By the way, robert, the pancho photo was taken during one of his early visits (please refer to blog "hey pancho" in the archives).

K. said...

Well, at least you fought off the tickle.

I know a certain Ralph Stanley Sock Monkey who is in dire need of an eye and some new clothes. He has assumed a posture of defiance lately. Perhaps you can fit him in between playing the Turkish Spike Fiddle and cutting lots of things.

Also, you should post your new Squippie logo for all to see.