Friday, January 14, 2005

Troubled

This morning after my walk, I took some time out to be troubled. I am troubled about lots of things, big and small. A lot of people I like are having job problems, money problems, health problems, kid problems or general big decision-making problems. This is troubling, because I want the people I like to be happy and not have problems, plus there is very little I can do to help except try to be encouraging and stuff. Plus I am troubled about the Tsunami people, and the mudslide people, and the Hatians, and the polar bears, and the state of the oceans and the world in general. Plus I have a few very small troubles of my own. So, I spent some time on the couch feeling sorry for my friends and the world and myself. It was, I think, a complete waste of time. All of those problems still exist, and I wasted my morning off.
Anyway, I watched the birds outside for a while, and I feel better. I just wish everyone else could find some birds or bird-substitutes to make them feel better too.

On with some positivity:
The crocheting is going well. I have made a scarf, and a candle coaster so far. In an attempt to bring crochet into the modern world, I am now working on a case for my cell phone.
I have also learned to play "Moon River" on the accordian. Does anyone know what a "huckleberry friend" is? I think I'd like to have a huckleberry friend.
There has been a lot of bird action in my neighborhood lately. I reckon spring is nigh.
My good friend in California, let's call her Sharon, is blogging now. Check it out at horseheadfairyland.blogspot.com. She sometimes sees famous people at the grocery store, so there are sure to be exciting tales on her blog.

Todays blog is brought to you by the letter "A"
Good things that start with "A":
Albert the dog, Archie the cat, apples, asparagus, artichokes, Alaska, Antarctica, the Ant and the Aardvark cartoons, Adam and the Ants, animals, accordians, Africa, Audubon Society, Algonquin Hotel, Astral Weeks, and the alphabet.

2 comments:

Robert_M said...

D brought home a little book he had made in school titled 'Owl facts' and I thought of you.

It created lift and reduced drag.

Tara said...

That makes me happy. There are many interesting facts about owls. D is cool.