Monday, April 23, 2007

Green Baby

This is a picture of the Peanut back in August of 2006 wearing her beautiful fruit halter dress that her daddy bought for her. Sadly, it did not fit her for very long, and at her age, she could only lie around in it or be propped up for a quick picture. So, in honor of Earth Day 2007, I re-fashioned her fruit dress into the skirt you see below, which will probably fit her for a while. I am hoping it will fit her long enough for her to learn to twirl around in it. When she outgrows it, a square of it will go into a quilt I am planning to make with my favorite first-year outfits. Also in the spirit of recycling, the watermelon shirt was made by using some of my scrap fabric to applique onto a onesie. Go Team Earth! See, the baby is even cheering!


3 comments:

fooiemcgoo said...

wow. she sure has grown!
nice recycling skillz.

Julie said...

So cute- love the skirt- :)

Gye Greene said...

I like the idea of the ''first year clothes'' quilt. :)

Is this your cleverness -- or did you read it somewhere.

Pioneer Tara.


--GG