Monday, April 30, 2007

Naptime

This morning I was lulled into a false sense of having a smooth day. After breakfast, I took the baby for a short walk, and then she played by herself nicely while I worked on making her some pants. Aaahh! "I can do stuff while the Peanut is awake," I thought to myself. Pants are an easy 30 minute project, and I finished them up no problem. These ones are plain denim, and I decided they needed a little personality, so I got out an iron-on patch I found in the clearance aisle at Michaels and began applying it, carefully following the directions on the package. That's when the wheels started to come off, slowly at first, but gaining momentum until there were wheels flying dangerously about the house in all directions. First, only half of the iron-on patch adhered to the pants, so they look ridiculous. I couldn't peel off the part that DID stick, so I will need some kind of new patch to put over it. So much for 50-cent iron-ons. Then, as I was trying to figure out a plan to save the pants, I noticed that while I was busy with pant-making, the baby had pooped a huge gross poop that was by now all over her clothes. So I went to change her diaper, and mid-change I ran out of wipes, so I had to wrestle the baby and keep her feet up (she wanted them down) so the poop didn't get all over the table, while trying to open a new package of wipes, which requires two hands, and trying not to say any cuss words.
I have recovered now. The baby is napping, and I've had my lunch, and after re-reading what I've written so far, I realize it wasn't really so bad. Still, I think I am going to get a pieice of my Easter chocolate and go sit in my chair for a few minutes.

2 comments:

fooiemcgoo said...

i am glad it is over.

i have had some bad incidences with baby poop which included, but not limited to poop on baby's fingers and poop in baby's hair.

make sure the chocolate you are eating isn't really a giant easter poop.

Gye Greene said...

Ah, yes: poop/nappie [Aussie for ''diaper''] stories...

Yeah, I've been caught out like that. Drove me to laying out the wet wipes prior to the job. I mentally classify the poops based on how many wipes I figure it'll take. Three's pretty normal, but sometimes they go up to five or six -- yowza!!!

At least you weren't out and about when this all happened -- or trying to do this on some non-ergonomic changing table in a dicey-hygiene restroom somewhere... ;)


--GG