Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Pretty Things

Some of you might remember a couple of years ago when Kev got me this chair for my birthday (http://housepants.blogspot.com/2005/08/hello-37.html#comments) It is more than just a piece of furniture. It is a Tara Place. A place where I could sit and read or write or think about making various pants or whatever I wanted to do. My own little spot in our house. I love my chair, but I hardly ever get to sit in it these days. I am going to try to spend more time there. I think it would be good for me. Anyway, this is a picture of the chair, but as you can see, something about the worn-out salmon-colored pillow from Kev's batchelor days detracts from the whole idea of it being a Tara Place.

I like pretty things. Flowery stuff. Lace. Girly-girl things. They makes me feel happy. Sometimes, I think there aren't enough pretty things in my life. Like on Monday. So I made this pillow for my chair. Aaaaahhh. Much better, huh? I am going to go sit there right now.

(When I say girly, I mean simple girly, not extreme girly).

2 comments:

Gye Greene said...

Great upgrade! I agree: it's surprising how gendered the throw pillow makes things. And I think the new pillow ''goes'' better.t1_96_t2_56

re: Extxreme Girly. I know what ''extreme sports'' are -- e.g. extreme skateboarding, extreme parachuting.

I'm trying to envision ''extreme girly''.

--GG

Julie said...

I will tivo the movie- sounds good- and I love the new pillow! Your such a home maker! I love it!

G wore the green outfit to school today with a onsie under it- Very cute! Thanks again!