Monday, April 16, 2007

Pantsapalooza

You may recognize this fabric from the pile I got at the antique store the other day. Some of it, as you can see, is now pants for the Peanut. I used Simplicity 3941 which was in the Sewing for Dummies section of the pattern book, so the pants were REALLY easy to make. I knocked them out in about 45 minutes. I used the 18 month size though, so they are too big, and Daphne will have to wait to wear them later. I am going to make some more in the 12 month size in the meantime. This opens up all sorts of pants possibilities. I can make her some housepants. I can make her some plain denim pants and stick groovy patches on them or I can embroider them. I can put ribbon or lace trim on the bottoms of the legs of some pants. I have a lot of pant-making plans in the works. I'm having a hard time thinking about anything else.

2 comments:

Julie said...

VERY cool!! I am going to put grandma to work on this!

Gye Greene said...

Tara, the Texas pioneer woman!

Next week you can start making your own cloth from the hair of goats you've raised yourself. ;)


--GG