Wednesday, September 05, 2007

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

I just finished doing something I've been waiting to do for a long time. Daphne sat on my lap, and we watched her first ever episode of Mister Rogers' Neighborhood. She is normally very squirmy, but she didn't move a muscle for the whole 30 minutes. Mister Rogers must just radiate some kind of calm. It made me so happy to be sitting there watching Mister Rogers with my baby that I almost cried. Thanks Mister Rogers. We miss you.

I know it's Wednesday, but I haven't thought of a poll yet. Later today or tomorrow for sure.

1 comment:

Gye Greene said...

Good stuff.

My kid is older than yours -- so I'm sadly remiss in doing likewise.

Due to our new carpet, we tend to wear slippers inside the house, and change in to/out of our ''street shoes'' at the bench near the door. Every time I do this, I feel like Mr. Rogers -- but sadly, Aussies don't know about him.

Next time I'm in the U.S., I need to pick up some Mister Rogers DVDs!


--GG