Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Lightning Story

So, I can't believe I haven't already blogged this, but I got struck by lightning once. I was about 16, and it was raining and I was in my front yard walking to my car to go to work at Woodbridge Private School, (oh, the stories I could tell you about THAT crazy place), and like a ding-dong, I was holding the metal part of the umbrella, and as Mr. Brown would say, "SPLATT!" went the lightning, and out of my hand the umbrella flew, and I felt a shock and my arm was numb for a few hours and that's about it. I must've not been directly hit, or that would have been the end of me. As it turns out, all it was the end of was my hair, which suddenly didn't seem to need perms anymore. Actually, I guess it could be all those pre-lightning perms that fried my hair, and not the lightning at all. But that's not quite as good of a story. Anyway, I figure since I've already been struck by lightning once, I'm immune to it happening again, so that's good.

1 comment:

Julie said...

YOU WERE 16??????? HOW IS IT THAT I DON'T REMEMBER THAT???????